Wednesday, June 23, 2010

W's new playground!!

Thanks to Philip, Papa and Mimi, William has a new playground!! Boy what a weekend!! They came up the weekend after Philip's birthday to help Philip build the playground for William. It was a huge task!! Every piece had to be individually assembled. It's all hardwood, so extra heavy! William was sooooo excited to be "working" with them on his playground. The cutest thing was the toy drill Papa and Mimi brought William so he could "work". William had to bring his own tool box out back so he'd have everything he needed. He fell in love with his drill and wanted to do just what Daddy and Papa were doing. Mimi was a great leader, taking care of the instructions and gathering the pieces for the guys. I was in charge of refreshments and encouragement and of course, pictures! I got some really good ones of the weekend. I'm so happy Philip and his Dad worked together to build William his own playset. It's certainly a memory to cherish. I can tell you that whenever we move, this playset will go with us!! Ha!!



Before the work weekend began, Papa and Mimi went with us to art class on Friday. William was so excited to have them their with us. He wanted to show them his art and bounced from my lap to theirs as he worked on his project for the day. (I believe this pictures are under the art class post) We also made a stop by the library with them so William could show them his library. He loved showing them the puzzles and books. I love his excitement about life and wanting to share it with everyone.




Papa and Mimi treated us to dinner Saturday night to celebrate Philip's birthday. We called and got a babysitter for William and the 4 of us went to dinner at Philip's choice: FIRE. It is amazing and is now probably our favorite place on 30-A. We all had fantastic meals and split 2 amazing desserts. It was so fun to go out to dinner together and have a date! After dinner, we stopped in Seaside and strolled around enjoying the evening air. It was a great night. We decided to head on home and was surprised to find that W went right to sleep for the babysitter. This is a task, b/c he doesn't go to sleep for anyone but Mommy...but the past few babysitters have been able to tell him it's bedtime and he (apparently) goes right in his room and right to sleep...I think he just likes cuddling w/ Mommy :) It was a jam packed weekend, but well worth it! Thank you Papa and Mimi for helping with the playset and for a great weekend! We loved every minute of it! We are having a blast on the playset!!







***as of now, this is the only video that will upload. I'll keep working on the other videos from his playground weekend!

1 comment:

PAPA AND MIMI said...

HEY WILLIAM,
IT WAS GREAT WORKING WITH YOU,DADDY, AND MAMA ON YOUR PLAYSET!!!!! MIMI AND I REALLY ENJOYED PUTTING THE PLAYSET TOGETHER WITH YOU GUYS. WHAT A GREAT WEEKEND WORKING AND PLAYING.


William 2 years old

William 2 years old

William loves swinging on our front porch. 15 months old

I love this picture...he's looking up at his daddy