Wow! How fast time flies!! March flew by in no time for us. We had a lot going on for us during the month of March. We enjoyed every minute of it and made many memories. The biggest event of the month was William's first haircut...saying goodbye to the curls! OH, how I cried. He suddenly became a little boy. I knew it was time, but how much it hurt to watch the curls fall away with every snip... that will be a separate post...
Let me back up a bit. We had a great month. I stopped keeping my friend's little boy so I could have one on one time with William. It was hard to say goodbye to Scott, but it was best for me, as I was progressing in my pregnancy and toting around 2 toddlers was taking its toll on me. I also longed for just Mommy and William days before baby arrives. We made a quick trip to the lake for a fun getaway weekend. It was so pleasant and so relaxing. I just love sneaking off up there! William always has a blast!
Mommy and Me art class was great. We loved every class and had such a great time creating our little masterpieces together. I recommend Abrakadoodle to everyone! It's an amazing program! I'll post pictures from art class in a separate post.
We had several playdates with friends, just soaking up the beautiful weather. It's such a blessing to have friends with little ones. It's always fun and always an adventure! My friend, Kayla, also came down to visit. She's the type friend that will take pictures of me with William w/out me asking b/c she knows I love pictures, but seldom get pictures of Mommy and William. She went with us to the library one afternoon and got to see how much W loves the library. She also took the time to help William create a take-along placemat one night. William had a blast coloring and shredding the paper, then she patiently worked the contact paper to create his placemat. He loved it and was so excited to put it w/ our diaper bag. We have enjoyed it so much when we are out and about!
St. Patty's day was a blast! I had so much fun with William. We planted our "Sock Man" with grass seeds for hair. We painted all kinds of pictures for St. Patrick's Day, my favorite being his field of "four leaf clovers of fingerprints". We also made homemade sugar cookies in the shape of shamrocks and covered them in green icing. Just watching William's face light up with excitement with each little project was priceless. I love doing things like this with him. We have such a fun time together!
Maggie, Granddaddy and Holden came down on St. Patty's for Holden's Spring Break and Philip treated us to homemade Shepherd's pie. It was delicious! It's his speciality for St. Patty's. While they were down for a short visit, we just hung out and did a little shopping and stopped by the playground. William also wanted to show them our library, so off we went. William and Granddaddy were so cute walking in the library together. William wanted to show Granddaddy everything in there. It was adorable.
The end of the month was wrapped up with a visit to Wauchula to see Gram, Grumps and Mema. My wonderful parents exchanged cars w/ us so I could have an easier ride for the 8 hour trip...heated seats, fully reclining seats, built in dvd player for William, extra back seat bench to stretch out on...it made the trip so much easier on a pregnant mommy :) Anyway, we had a fun filled and relaxing weekend visit. We spent the morning outside hanging out and letting William play. Philip took to raking Mema's yard and Grumps joined in..shortly followed by William. He just had to help and be right in the mix! It was too cute. We went to church with Mema that Sunday and William went to the nursery. He did okay, but the nursery worker said about 30 mins into playing he realized I wasn't there and cried the entire last half hour :( That made me sad. I had to get some extra snuggles at naptime that day! We enjoyed our time with everyone and all the good times.
William and I also made a few trips to Dothan during March. It was fun to head up the road and just visit. We hung out with Maggie and Granddaddy and had lots of fun. William and Granddaddy picked flowers from their yard to bring inside for Mommy and Maggie. William helped Maggie load the washing machine and push all the buttons. We enjoyed their backyard during the afternoons. One weekend while Philip and I had been to the lake, Philip caught a huge catfish, so we stopped in Dothan on our way home to let Granddaddy have it. Granddaddy decided he'd clean it right then and show William how to clean a fish. William wasn't so sure about it, so he played while Granddaddy cleaned it. It's always an adventure when we go up to visit, but it's always fun!
Just some videos from the month of March
Let me back up a bit. We had a great month. I stopped keeping my friend's little boy so I could have one on one time with William. It was hard to say goodbye to Scott, but it was best for me, as I was progressing in my pregnancy and toting around 2 toddlers was taking its toll on me. I also longed for just Mommy and William days before baby arrives. We made a quick trip to the lake for a fun getaway weekend. It was so pleasant and so relaxing. I just love sneaking off up there! William always has a blast!
Mommy and Me art class was great. We loved every class and had such a great time creating our little masterpieces together. I recommend Abrakadoodle to everyone! It's an amazing program! I'll post pictures from art class in a separate post.
We had several playdates with friends, just soaking up the beautiful weather. It's such a blessing to have friends with little ones. It's always fun and always an adventure! My friend, Kayla, also came down to visit. She's the type friend that will take pictures of me with William w/out me asking b/c she knows I love pictures, but seldom get pictures of Mommy and William. She went with us to the library one afternoon and got to see how much W loves the library. She also took the time to help William create a take-along placemat one night. William had a blast coloring and shredding the paper, then she patiently worked the contact paper to create his placemat. He loved it and was so excited to put it w/ our diaper bag. We have enjoyed it so much when we are out and about!
St. Patty's day was a blast! I had so much fun with William. We planted our "Sock Man" with grass seeds for hair. We painted all kinds of pictures for St. Patrick's Day, my favorite being his field of "four leaf clovers of fingerprints". We also made homemade sugar cookies in the shape of shamrocks and covered them in green icing. Just watching William's face light up with excitement with each little project was priceless. I love doing things like this with him. We have such a fun time together!
Maggie, Granddaddy and Holden came down on St. Patty's for Holden's Spring Break and Philip treated us to homemade Shepherd's pie. It was delicious! It's his speciality for St. Patty's. While they were down for a short visit, we just hung out and did a little shopping and stopped by the playground. William also wanted to show them our library, so off we went. William and Granddaddy were so cute walking in the library together. William wanted to show Granddaddy everything in there. It was adorable.
The end of the month was wrapped up with a visit to Wauchula to see Gram, Grumps and Mema. My wonderful parents exchanged cars w/ us so I could have an easier ride for the 8 hour trip...heated seats, fully reclining seats, built in dvd player for William, extra back seat bench to stretch out on...it made the trip so much easier on a pregnant mommy :) Anyway, we had a fun filled and relaxing weekend visit. We spent the morning outside hanging out and letting William play. Philip took to raking Mema's yard and Grumps joined in..shortly followed by William. He just had to help and be right in the mix! It was too cute. We went to church with Mema that Sunday and William went to the nursery. He did okay, but the nursery worker said about 30 mins into playing he realized I wasn't there and cried the entire last half hour :( That made me sad. I had to get some extra snuggles at naptime that day! We enjoyed our time with everyone and all the good times.
William and I also made a few trips to Dothan during March. It was fun to head up the road and just visit. We hung out with Maggie and Granddaddy and had lots of fun. William and Granddaddy picked flowers from their yard to bring inside for Mommy and Maggie. William helped Maggie load the washing machine and push all the buttons. We enjoyed their backyard during the afternoons. One weekend while Philip and I had been to the lake, Philip caught a huge catfish, so we stopped in Dothan on our way home to let Granddaddy have it. Granddaddy decided he'd clean it right then and show William how to clean a fish. William wasn't so sure about it, so he played while Granddaddy cleaned it. It's always an adventure when we go up to visit, but it's always fun!
Just some videos from the month of March



No comments:
Post a Comment