Monday, June 21, 2010

Easter 2010

What a wonderful Easter we had! Everything about Easter was beautiful and special! I love celebrating Easter. I love the meaning behind Easter and the excitement I have in knowing that my Lord and Savior is Alive! I especially love church on Easter...my favorite being all the hymns, I can't help but feel as if I am about to burst with excitement and pride with every hymn. I also love the simplicity of Easter and the reassurance it brings. I just love Easter!!

Besides the true meaning of Easter, I enjoy the secular part of the season...the dying of eggs, the egg hunts, the Easter bunny and baskets, the newness of spring... William had a blast this year, going to different egg hunts and dying eggs. He was a champ at the egg hunts! He would tote his basket around and grab up the eggs with such excitement. He was fascinated with the concept and truly had a blast! He especially loved the surprises inside the eggs. I couldn't help but let him enjoy the candy inside :)






When it came time to dye our eggs, he took right to it and loved all the colors! He was so cute wanting to throw the eggs into the cups as Philip and I tried to catch the eggs and gently drop them into the colored cups. William wanted instant results :) He wanted to dunk the egg into the cup then immediately pull it out and expect it to be the new color...bless his heart! He didn't get upset about it, just curious. It was a fun night!




After our wonderful service at church, we stopped in Watercolor on the ride home so I could snap some Easter pictures of William. (Thanks Philip) I couldn't have been any happier with W's Easter pictures had I tried! I loved capturing him in God's beauty on such a beautiful day!! Anyway, after pictures, we came home and put W down for his nap. Philip cooked an incredible lunch for us...and even made sweet tea for me! It was such a peaceful and relaxing lunch together. I have the best chef for a husband!




Finally, after W woke up, the Easter Bunny had come and hid eggs outside! William was beyond excited to find the eggs in our yard! He was absolutely adorable!! I will never forget his little voice filled with such joy as he ran all over our yard finding his eggs! It was a moment full of innocence and beauty! (Let me remind you how much I love my child). After every egg had been discovered and several surprises had been gobbled up by the cutest 2 year old, Mommy found the Easter Basket full of goodies from the Easter Bunny! William couldn't believe all the surprises! He was the sweetest little boy, checking out each gift in his basket. He was so excited about all his goodies! It was a day to remember!




Hope you enjoyed our recap of Easter! Enjoy the pictures!

No comments:


William 2 years old

William 2 years old

William loves swinging on our front porch. 15 months old

I love this picture...he's looking up at his daddy