Father's Day. I love my Daddy. I'm a "Daddy's Girl" through and through. In my eyes, he hung the moon. In my eyes, he's my hero. He's my daddy. I am so blessed to have a daddy like him. He's such a strong man and full of wisdom and knowledge. He loves his family and puts them first. He loves his country and serves it well. He served in Iraq Sept. 2007-April 2008. He's a gentleman. His heart is pure gold. His heart is so full of love in only a way a Daddy can love. He has a quiet side to him that makes you be calm and notice the world around you. His faith shines through daily. He is a determined man and focused in life. He is so supportive of me and believes in me. He's been there for me through everything in my life. He listens when I need someone to talk to...He offers advice when I ask (and sometimes when I don't ask) He's moved me countless times (to dorm room, to apartment, to Leigh's house, back home, to Headland, back home, to Florida...that's just living) He's moved my classroom every year (Ashford Academy, Mary Esther, Butler then down the hall at Butler) Any time I need him, I just call and he's there. He's an amazing man. I love my Daddy, but now have a much deeper love for him watching him as a Grandfather. I heard it forever (and even from him) that you love your parents in a new way once you become a parent yourself. I cherish my time with my Daddy. I love knowing that my Daddy is always there. I love listening to my Daddy share about his faith and his relationship with the Lord. It's a strong relationship. He constantly reminds me that all I have to do is turn my troubles over and the Lord will take care of it. He's my Daddy and I love him. He's my American Soldier and I support him. He's my hero.
I love you Daddy.
Most of you know I named my little boy after my daddy. I love the name William. Always have. Always will. It was extremely special to have a boy and to name him after my father who, at the time was serving in Iraq. I pray that William will follow his Granddaddy and learn from him as I have. I pray that William will carry on the strong name. When I was pregnant, Philip and I did not find out what we were having, nor did we share names. But, since my daddy was going to be gone when I delivered (and b/c I'm such a huge Daddy's girl) we decided for Father's day that year (2007) we would tell Daddy that if we had a boy we were going to name him William, after my dad. Being the strong man he is...he smiled, cleared his throat and said "cool, I'll keep it a secret."
I'm so thankful to my Heavenly father for blessing my life with a little boy. I'm so thankful for my Daddy and what he means to me.
Here's to all the Fathers everywhere. I'm going to post later about our Father's Day but just wanted to give a special post for Daddy.



5 comments:
w/r/t moving the classrooms, he had good help.
Lauren,
I get the impression that you love your daddy!!!!! I also know that you love your husband, your son, your brothers, your mother and yes me!! I know from knowing you that because of Gods love that shines thru you that you have enough love in your heart that you love everyone and still have love left over!!!!!
I thank your mother and dad for setting the example in there lives for you to follow......
Very sweet..You have a very special bond with your Daddy. Just think, someday PJJ may have that same kind of relationship too.
What a BLESSING to have the DADDY you have, Lauren...& for you to acknowledge that Blessing...& Honor Him...
Lauren, what a heart-felt tribute that is to your daddy. I'm a "Daddy's little girl", too, and the good news is that it follows us into Eternity. You DO have a great daddy, it's so evident when we talk with him. He has a great daughter, too, and it's no wonder you're a daddy's little girl. There are so many girls that would love to have the relationship y'all have, and you both are so blessed. Your parents did a wonderful job raising such a sensitive, loving daughter....Thank you, Bill and Margaret. Jim and I love your daughter so much.
Post a Comment