It's finally Friday! We are headed to the lake this weekend and I can't wait to leave! We are going to pick up my little brother, Holden on our way through Dothan and have him spend the weekend with us. My parents are going to a marriage retreat provided by the Army National Guard so we get to spend some time with Holden :) I can't wait! I miss my little brother a lot and he's growing so fast it seems. He's in the 2nd grade and he's 100% all boy! My other brother is going to come up on Sunday to spend the day with us and help Philip in the yard, if it's not raining too much. I think the weather report shows a chance for rain...bummer! But, I still love the lake even when it rains...sitting on the porch, watching the rain fall, curled up with a good book...you get the picture. I'm hoping to get to read some over the weekend, but we will see. I can easily lose myself in a book, but just as easily get too caught up playing with William! It's going to be a great weekend.
This is a picture of Holden with a fish Hunter caught.

Hunter and Holden Green
We had our friends, Wes and Christina over last night for dinner. Philip grilled delicious steaks and we had baked sweet potatoes and roasted asparagus with a salad. It was wonderful! I taught with Christina at Butler before I had William. She's such a sweet person. They have a beautiful baby boy named Scott and he will be 4 months next week. Christina went back to work last week and long story short, daycare was not working for them, so I'm going to have the pleasure of keeping little Scott until school gets out. I am SOOOOO THRILLED about having an itty bitty baby around! I just love babies!!!!!!! I cannot begin to tell you how much I am looking forward to keeping him during the day! I think maybe this will give me an insight to having another baby...hmmmm??? No, I'm not saying we are going to be having another yet, but it will be good to see William around a little one.
So, back to keeping Scott...Philip and I talked about the decision together and we decided to pray about it. Last Friday night we were out on the upstairs porch enjoying the night air and letting William run back and forth and we were talking about the possibility of my keeping Scott. I reached over for Philip's hands to pray together and half way through the prayer, William walks over and takes each of our hands and joins us...bows his head and everything! That melted my heart. We have been saying the blessing like this at the dinner table together for a while now and he gets the concept of sitting down, reaching out for hands, bowing heads, being quiet while we pray, etc... but for him to see us praying and come over to join us really moved me. I know Jesus is working in us right now and I thank him for this tiny example of his love.
This week we've had to get up in the attic to get the "baby" things down I'll need like the swing, bouncy seat, carseat, tummy time mat, etc. That was fun. Philip rarely lets me get up in the attic, but he caved and let me go up and locate the things so he would know right where to go...he gets easily frustrated up there :) While up there, I saw a box of Holden's old clothes I had forgotten I had stored up there! Philip brought it down for me and I was like a kid at Christmas!! I had so much fun going through it and picking out the outfits that will fit William now! There were only 3 little church outfits that he had already outgrown, but I'll save them for maybe next baby. I'll take pictures of William in some of the outfits and post them later for you.
Now, everything is washed and ready for little Scott to come over next week. I start keeping him on Monday, so please pray for a smooth transition for all of us. William was happy last night with him over and wanted to either "rock" the carseat or "share" his sippy cup and cookies...just too cute!
Here's a video of William eating his "beirrbies". Hope you enjoy!
Have a great weekend everyone!
My parents and little brother at his Valentine's Lunch
1 comment:
Dear Lauren...
We were hanging out with Grumps & Gram the other nite & Grumps gave me your blog address...Yesterday while babysitting my dear little 3 month old Talya, I logged onto your blog for the 1st time... :O) I so loved reading it!! What expressive writing...& glimpses into your beautiful family...I really look forward to reading more...I'm REALLY hoping to meet William when you're down here!! :O) ...I LOVE the pix you posted yesterday, the 8X10 you send Grumps & Gram... :O) DARLING!! Our love to you & Philip & William...I know you're having a wonderful weekend at the LakeHouse!!!! Nancy Bruce
Post a Comment