My wonderful husband smoked some Boston butts over the weekend and they were DELICIOUS!!! He is the master of the grill and always produces incredible food! What can I say...he spoils me! He took one of the butts and made a huge pot of Brunswick stew on Saturday. It was absolutely amazing and oh so yummy! I think Brunswick stew just might be one of my favorite slow-cooked meals...it's so scrumptious and fulfilling! He added baked chicken to it and all the right veggies. You get the picture...it was the best Brunswick stew I've had in a while! The best part...William loved it! He gobbled it up (especially the Lima beans)! That made Philip happy b/c last week William would only eat my vegetable soup! Maybe I can get the recipe for the stew and post it later...I'll check and see :)
Here's William eating the Brunswick Stew

He's saying "mmm" in this picture...love it all over his face!
So, Sunday afternoon I noticed William felt feverish...103.8!! I can't stand it when he gets a fever! He had a low fever all morning, but when it jumped up even with Motrin/Tylenol, I got worried! We gave him the lukewarm bath and Popsicle (that's all he would eat on Sunday) and monitored him for the evening. By this point I felt as if I gave him strep b/c he had the worst sounding cough and would cringe when coughing. I cuddled him so tight and wanted to either sleep in his nursery or have him sleep in our room, but made it through the night just fine. I did take him to the doctor on Monday just to get checked out and discovered he just has the crud...and that it would have to run it's course. I try not to go to the doctor too much, but I was just concerned b/c I had been so sick.

This was taken the night I got Speckle..he was so cute!
Yesterday, when William got up from his nap and I went into his room to get him, he greeted me by saying "beirrby" (strawberry) with a smile. He continued saying this through diaper changing and all the way down stairs. He stood at the fridge door and said it over and over. I asked him if he wanted strawberries and he smiled and said "yes, beirrby". How could I resist! I told him we had to go to the store to get some, so he went to the front door. I grabbed my purse and keys and started for the door. He frowned at me and ran to the rack where I hang my purse and his bag and stood there pointing to his bag. He kept repeating "baaaag, baaaag" until I grabbed his bag. He then ran to the door and clapped! I just can't believe how much he comprehends! It's amazing! We went to Publix, got his berries, picked up a movie for me at the movie store, picked up Philip's dry cleaning and came home...to eat berries! He ate 4 huge ones and 2 tiny ones. He ABSOLUTELY loves strawberries! I told him he was going to turn into a berry!
William with his "beirrbies"
Hope you enjoy the pictures! I'll take more this week and share with you later.
Hope you all have a great week!



4 comments:
Lauren,
Glad to hear you are feeling better but sad to hear our little boy wasn't feeling good. Tell him we will have lots of "beirrbies" for him when you come to stay with us.
Can't wait to see you all.
Love, Mimi
Fruits and veggies, how can you go wrong? I am so glad you are feeding him these items instead of fast food.
You guys are good parents. We have 8 fish in our pond now and they are really big......the video was fantastic. William has such personality now. He is a real joy to watch. Glad you found the park, I'm sure he will enjoy it a lot. The vet sent us a card which everyone in the office wrote comforting words about Bonnie. It was special thoughts from a group of special people. God bless.
Glad you are feeling better! Tell Phily he needs to send some of the Brunswick stew our way! Yummy! William just keeps getting cuter.. look at those curls!! Love it!
Glad to hear you're on the mend! We love Seaside, actually honeymooned there! Beautiful place. Stay well. Cute video.
Post a Comment