If time would only slow down...stand still... if only...
That's not possible, but memories are precious and pictures capture such great moments in time. I love sitting and looking through all the tons of photos, remembering when...reliving life in my mind with the stories that flow. I love writing this blog. Time to take a little trip and capture another set of special moments.. November 2010.
As I continue on my reflecting back blogging, November 2010, William had just turned 3 and Griggs was 4 months. Such happy boys. Our days were filled with fun times hanging out at home, playing outside as a family, taking walks down to seaside to enjoy the fresh air and quiet 30A life and making some road trips.. The weather had started to drop, so it was also time for extra cuddles, blankets and long sleeves! I spent lots of days home with my two boys, playing and singing and reading. I took lots of pictures, wanting to capture every little detail, knowing how fast they change. I enjoyed our little routine.
Seemed like a lot went on during November, yet it still seemed very relaxed and low key. I love when I can see such happiness in my boys, when I can feel God's love in their little embrace. That was most certainly the theme during the days of November (and honestly is every day). Although it was quickly approaching the holidays, which can bring hustle and bustle, hurry-scurry, I can remember feeling such peace being with my boys, just doing family things, knowing we were doing exactly what God was calling us to do. I can remember being so aware of His blessings all around me during this particular time of year. I love to sing to my boys and one of my favorites is "count your many blessings..."
So...
looking back on the blessings in my life captured during November of 2010 (William 3 yr, Griggs 4 mths)
**William wrote his own name independently while doing a fall leaf keepsake
**Holden's love for his nephews and the sweet connection they share
**Griggs and his giggles over seeing Maggie
**Well check doctor appointments (3 year and 4 month) healthy boys
**Griggs' quick discovery of "eating" his first foods and William's desire to help teach
**Time spent catching up with family
**William and his love of cups and liquids, helping him recover from strep throat
**The gift of a play tent, providing a fun, exciting new environment for imagination to grow
**The little chubby fingers learning to hold up the #3 to show his age
**The endless snuggles and cuddles from adorable boys
**Adorable cousins, who are dear to our hearts
**Griggs' fascination with "kisses" to my chin
**William's healthy foods and eating habits
**Sweet friends for our boys
**Milestones reached with little arms learning to stretch and reach and grab
**God's mission work and the chance to make an impact on others in His name with The Angel Tree
**Fall weather for picnics and giving thanks together
**Huge leaf piles to jump
**Contentment in giggles and smiles from Griggs, just seeing our faces and being near us
**William's love of caring for his baby brother
**The kisses of my boys and the love we share
**William learning to help make his own PB sandwich
**The American Veterans we honor
**Walks with daddy to spend time together
**The healthy happy faces of Griggs
**Griggs and his many versions of pushups and tummy times
**The love of family in the gift of a favorite hand made blanket (made by his great-aunt nanci griggs)
**Brothers together
**Griggs and his excitement and giggles with his Christmas Stocking from Mommy and Daddy
**Having playtime on mommy's baby blanket (Thanks to Maggie for saving it all these years)
**Healthy playtime outside and learning sports
**Having a playset in our backyard for family time
**William's excitement of his tricycle and our family walks as he rode around the block
**Nearby playgrounds for afternoons out and about
**Being with friends for childhood traditions of Santa
**Capturing healthy happy sleepy baby boys
**Thanksgiving moments with family
**Family recipes and cooking together
**Holden and William making special Thanksgiving treats together
**Cool weather for bonfires
**God's protection and healing of Papa during his heart attack and our quick trip to visit
****Best best blessing of all is always family***
I am forever blessed. My cup runneth over with blessing too many to count. Simple blessing, multiple blessing, gigantic blessings, tiny blessings, enormous blessings, hidden blessings, detailed blessings... you get the picture. Everyone is blessed. We all have much to be thankful for. Thanksgiving is my favorite time of the year. I love to slow down and reflect on how God has blessed and how we should be thankful and how we show others we are thankful. I love to be with family. I love to capture time together. If it's time of my own little family or my extended family or time with just friends. I love to capture time with those important to me. I honestly try to carry out Thanksgiving with me throughout the year. It's not something that should be only on one day of the year.
I love a tradition my family does on Thanksgiving. This is a tradition Philip and I have also shared with his parents on Thanksgivings with them. It's something we carry family to family and also do at Christmas with family if we weren't with a set for Thanksgiving :) After the meal has been prepared, before the blessing has been said, we gather together, holding hands and we all take a moment to go around and share one thing we are thankful for from the year. It most often brings tears, but it reminds us all to slow down and value others and never take for granted. It reminds us to keep our eyes and hearts focused on Christ and his mission for us. We pray together and bless the meal before enjoying the infamous spread of vegetables and casseroles. But, while it is fun to cook until you drop and eat until you pop, it is most important, most crucial (to me) that we first spend the time to give thanks to God for all he has given, will give and does for us, remembering all and sharing with others. I love moments like this where we come together and share to encourage one another. My prayer is that my children will take heart to what they are experiencing with family and let it grow with them as they grow and help them go into their world to serve others, giving thanks always to God.
*****I could go on and on and on with the many blessings, however, these are what stand out from those moments. I love capturing them in pictures and writing the stories for my boys.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
William 2 years old
William 2 years old
William loves swinging on our front porch. 15 months old
I love this picture...he's looking up at his daddy



No comments:
Post a Comment