Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Halloween 2010 (Memories for Journals)

Having a 3 year old who loved everything about firetrucks and firemen made the decision about what to be for Halloween very, very simple!!  William wanted only to be a "Kireman" (fireman).  He loved being in his fireman jacket, hat and boots.  Every day.  He wanted to wear his fireman costume, which I just loved!! So, when we asked him what he wanted to be for Halloween, he answered a "Kireman" and that Griggs was his little "Rescue Dog" named "Spots".  That part I had to work on.... Only thing I could think of, given Griggs was just 3 months and needed to be warm (meaning a long sleeve shirt and pants) was to sew black dots on a white onesie and white pants and sew black floppy ears on a white hat :)  I had some black felt and I did just that!!  I thought it turned out so cute!!  William had his fireman suit and had his little rescue dog right by his side (well, as long as mommy held him in my arms or pushed him in the stroller!)



We had fun trick-or-treating at Destin Commons as well as with friends in their neighborhood.  It was fun to watch William run up to the doors, and know just what to do!  He'd hold out his bag and say "trick or treat" and say "thank you!"  And, he'd always make sure to tell the person he had a baby brother that was his "rescue dog", and that made me smile.  He wanted to make sure his baby was included! 
Very cute times together!


William couldn't wait to visit the pumpkin patch and pick out his special pumpkins!  He wanted to line them up like his favorite "5 Little Pumpkins Sitting on the Gate".  We visited the pumpkin patch with our 2 pumpkins and captured some fun and exciting pumpkin hunting pictures.  I love how simple things like pumpkins can bring such laughter and excitement to a child. 




We also had fun carving our family pumpkin with William...expect he didn't care at all for grabbing the seeds!  He'd say it was yuck, but couldn't wait to do the face with the pumpkin.  He decided to use his beach bucket and shovel to scoop the seeds.  Very cute to watch a 3 year old use beach toys to scoop out pumpkin seeds!  It was fun to watch our 3 year old enjoy the traditional pumpkin carving time and be so excited about the face of his pumpkin!  Moments of childhood not to be passed or forgotten! 


Until next post...stay tuned :)


No comments:


William 2 years old

William 2 years old

William loves swinging on our front porch. 15 months old

I love this picture...he's looking up at his daddy