Most of you know how much we love college football!! We love Auburn football!! We can't wait to have William and Griggs at games with us, cheering out our beloved Auburn Tigers. To ease them into the big stadium and excitement of games, we decided we'd start with a family game day to my school...Troy (State) University! It's Troy University now, but will always be Troy State in my heart. We took William and Griggs to their first game the weekend William turned 3. Gameday was Saturday, October 16, 2010. It was a great day, full of sunshine and perfect fall chill in the air. We walked around the campus some, took the boys by my sorority house so I could get my picture with my letters and my babies! I loved that moment! Just special things around town, like lunch at a favorite spot from college years (Mexican!), a visit to the bookstore, walking around the campus, telling William about when I was in college...Then, when he couldn't wait any longer, we went on into the stadium!! We did get suite tickets (perfect for me, a nursing mom of a 3 month old). William was so fascinated by the huge windows and how big the field looked! He was ready to cheer and watch football...then he discovered the treats and cookies in the suite :) Haha! It was fun to watch my old team and do some of the Troy cheers with William. I did walk down with William during half time so he could see and hear the band and walk around the inside of the stadium. We found some of my sorority sisters and sat for a while with them, letting the boys scream and jump for Troy. The best part, thanks to my husband and his connections, we were able to walk down on the sidelines...I still laugh a little that although I'm the Troy girl, he knew the right folks :) William was so excited to be down on the field, near the big players!! Baby Griggs was a perfect little angel the entire day and game! He was so sweet and quiet in the suite box and just hung out in our arms on the field. He was along for the ride...bless him! I also loved the fact that I still had my little brother's Troy State University sweatshirt and William was able to wear it! I love making memories with my little family. Yes, Auburn had a game that same day, but my husband, didn't complain. He spent the day with us, cheering on Troy (well, we did watch the Auburn game!!) making sure I had a fantastic day with my 2 boys back on my campus. It's little things that capture my heart over and over....
So, "here's to ole' Troy State, we are with you all the way....so, get out there team and fight-fight-fight and win today!"
"T-T-R-O-Y-S-T-A-T-E-U-NIVERSTIY---TSU"
Thanks, Troy! A great first college game for a 3 year old and his baby brother. (Yes, William wanted his brother with him! He has never really liked being apart from him)
The day after our game day was William's actual 3rd Birthday! We took him to eat at Cracker Barrel in Dothan for a favorite of waffles and eggs before heading home. Bless his heart, he spiked a fever of 103 on the ride home and was just a sick little boy.. We made it home and all took a long nap on birthday boy's big special day. When he woke up, his fever had come down a little so, we took him out to run a little for sunset on the beach before doing birthday cupcakes at home on our front steps. It was a sweet ending to our celebrations of our 3rd birthday! And, in our family...birthday nights are meant for sleepovers with mommy and daddy!! Happy 3rd Birthday William! We loved celebrating you in so many ways!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
William 2 years old
William 2 years old
William loves swinging on our front porch. 15 months old
I love this picture...he's looking up at his daddy



No comments:
Post a Comment