Tuesday, September 1, 2009

July Visit with The Greene Family and Aunt Babs

Our summer continues...July 17th
After art class on Friday (7/17) I drove over to Navarre to pick up my Aunt Babs and head over to Pensacola Beach to visit Mike, Aimee, Elle, John Michael and Chloe. Aimee is Aunt Babs' daughter. Elle was a junior bridesmaid in my wedding so she is very dear to my heart. They live in Shreveport, LA so we seldom get to see them! They usually come to the beach once a summer, so I try to get over there while they are down. I love spending time with Aunt Babs so it's a double blessing for me.
William was a trooper! He had art class that morning...rode in the car w/out a nap and ate a quick lunch at Babs before heading over to P'cola Beach...only to head right out to the beach! He saw the sand and just giggled and started saying "Beach, Moma, Beach, Moma"! It was fantastic! Just sitting on the beach with Aimee and Elle watching William play in the sand. Aunt Babs stayed up at the condo. She's not much for the beach anymore she says. Elle's boyfriend, brother and Dad came down after a while and then Chloe (her 9 y/o sister) came down with her friend. She LOVES William! He seems to really know her and be so happy to just play together. It was really neat! They are all down at the beach with about 4 families. William entertained all the girls. He really loved the "toss the ball on rope" game (sorry, I don't know the exact name). The girls just giggled and let him have all the balls and he would try to toss them, but would get caught up in the rope. Too cute!
Chloe and I got in the water to swim a little with William. He loved the waves. Then it was back to his buckets. Chloe ever so patiently filled buckets with sand and water and toted them where ever he wanted. They were just too cute together!



We finally headed on up the condo for some snacks and to get cleaned up for dinner. We were also looking for Philip. He came over after work. William was so excited to see his daddy and show him the balconies. I know the balconies are safe, but they scare me (and Philip) now that we are parents! It was a task keeping W off the balcony and inside the condo!! We did snag a few cute pictures though.
The whole group headed over to Crab Trap for dinner. Bless Philip...he ended up on the playground the entire night with William. Once William saw the playground, he wanted nothing to do with eating nor sitting at the table. I enjoyed visiting with everyone though. Aimee is such a wonderful person I'm blessed to call her family. Elle is so precious. She just graduated from High School. She has a natural welcoming personality you can't help but feel good about yourself. John Michael is a reserved young man with great manners. Chloe is just as precious as Elle. She has a very sweet spirit about her and is full of life. It was a great visit! I hated that it was so short, but I'll take what I can get! I drove Aunt Babs and Chloe back to Navarre before heading on home with William. Hope you enjoy the pictures!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun...Meeting more of your family, Lauren! :O) Thanx for the introduction to Aimee...Elle...Chloe...John Michael...Beautiful times & smiles in pix w/ William & Chloe..."Adorable Cousins", and "So Happy!" :O) ...and can't leave out..."Pensacola Beach"...William & Moma!! :O) ...I just can't get over how WHITE that sand is!!!! Love you!!

Mimi said...

More family ??? How lucky is WPJ and you and Philip that you all have such a wonderful close knit family. W looks like he didn't mind missing his nap. Pensacola Beach looks beautiful. I don't know how high up the balconies were but I would have been very nervous. Love all the pics. You guys look great!:)


William 2 years old

William 2 years old

William loves swinging on our front porch. 15 months old

I love this picture...he's looking up at his daddy