Wednesday, September 9, 2009

July Visit with Hunter and Whitney

Hunter and his girlfriend, Whitney, came down to visit us the weekend of July 18....yes...I'm this far behind...but trying to catch up!
We had a great time hanging out with them. It's always fun to spend time with family. I had been telling William they were coming all day and he didn't want to go down for his nap b/c he wanted to see "HUNNEWR. I did manage to get him down for a nap before they arrived so he would be ready to play play play! He loves Hunter! He gets so excited when we get to see him. Hunter is a great Uncle! He is all smiles around William and just laughs and has fun. He's a natural! I can't express how much I love watching my brother with my child. It's amazing!
As soon as they got here, we grabbed the wagon went for a walk around the block. So much fun! William loves his red wagon...Thanks Maggie and Granddaddy! We played outside for little bit. Philip stayed at the house getting dinner ready while William and I went down to Seaside with Hunter and Whitney. She wanted to shop at the little shops in Seaside so off we went. Hunter patiently played with William in the little playhouse area behind the shops. After shopping, we headed down to the beach so they could get some "sunset pictures". William was my little helper. He stayed right by my side and just hung out while I played photographer. It was fun. Hunter and Whitney and William splashed in the water a little before we headed on back to the house.
We enjoyed a fantastic dinner together. Philip made some amazing short ribs...oh so good! He also servede some oh so yummy carrots! My husband is such a chef! I put William down for the night and joined the "party" downstairs. "DJ" Philip was entertaining us with the ipod and playing a bunch of old school music. We just hung out in the kitchen dancing and being silly. We all needed the comic relief :) It got pretty silly but we all had a blast!



Sunday morning we all slept in and hung out with William. The guys were watching the British Open on TV so it was a pretty low key day. Whitney gave William a bath while I cleaned up the playroom. She loves giving him a bath:) He loves splashing around and blowing bubbles. It was a great visit with Hunter and Whitney. It was short and sweet. They headed on home a little after lunch and Philip and I just hung out with William for the rest of the afternoon.
I think maybe we went to the beach...so long ago...
Like I said...I am behind on my blog..but doing my best in what little free time I have to update.

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Seems like you guys had a great time together. Great pictures. Short ribs sound finger licking good. Curious to know what DJ Philip considers old school music ???

Anonymous said...

...So THIS is the story that goes with your O~So~Sweet FB Profile pic!! :O) Love the closeup of your with Your Personal Chef, Lauren!! :O) CUTE COUPLE!!! ...You & your bro have GREAT smiles!!


William 2 years old

William 2 years old

William loves swinging on our front porch. 15 months old

I love this picture...he's looking up at his daddy