Just some special moments with William...for my memory :)
I'm including a few of my favorite pictures from the past few weeks with William.
They are not related to the stories, but just sweet pictures.
Happy Valentine's Day!
Late Wednesday night, after William had been asleep a few hours, Philip and I were getting ready for bed. I'm sure most parents do this, but I simply can't crawl into bed before checking on William. So, I quietly went into his room, but he was stirring around and he jumped up and started crying. I picked him up and rocked him a bit, but he couldn't calm down. Philip went to get his bottle and we just went and (all 3) got in our bed. Once he was calm, I went to the bathroom to take off my contacts and brush my teeth. I heard him stirring around and heard his daddy saying "She'll be right back". As I came out of the bathroom I was greeted by my dear sweet baby boy sitting up in his daddy's lap with the biggest smile, kicking his legs and giggling...FOR ME. As I approached the bed, he burst into laughter and started wiggling all around! So sweet! He crawled up on my chest, hugged my neck and gave me the biggest kiss ever! All of the worries of the day dissappeared in that very moment! He finally settled in, said "night night" and reached for the door. I carried him into his room, put him down in his crib and covered him up. He just smiled and waved to me.
Yesterday I had to run some errands in Destin, so after William had his morning nap, we loaded up and went out for the afternoon. William loves going to the grocery store and any place that has shopping carts. I knew I'd be in Walmart a while b/c it was stock-up time again, so I took along some graham crackers for William. While shopping, he got a bit fussy, so I asked him if he wanted a cookie and he nodded "yes". As I handed it to him, he said "Tank you" and I said "You're Welcome". I was in my own little world walking down the aisle and was caught off guard when the women next to me stopped suddenly and turned to me and said "Did he just say, Thank you....How old is he?" I paused and smiled and said that he did and that he would be 16 months on Monday. She seemed star struck and just got silent, then walked off in a daze saying, "oh my, oh my". I got so tickled! I almost couldn't contain my giggles! That's just how my life goes. I talk to William all the time like he's an adult. I ask him questions and read my grocery list to him. I count things out to him and describe all the colors and sounds we see in the store. I let him feel all the produce, hold the cans, etc. I work on the "please" and "thank you" and "welcome" all the time. I know people think I'm crazy b/c I talk to him while shopping and sometimes even dance and sing while in the store to cheer him up or if he's dancing in his seat. He loves it, so I do it. No big deal, right?
Last night while getting supper ready we had another funny moment. Let me start with explaing something I learned from my parents. If we got hurt or fell down, they would hug us, then turn to whatever "hurt" us (the floor, the chair, the toy, etc) and say "No, No, Bad, bad, Don't hurt my Lauren" and it seemed to make the tears go away. I've been doing this with William and he apparently understands because last night he bumped heads with his Daddy and guess what...he reached for a hug from me, turned to his Daddy and said "bad bad" and frowned...too cute! I let out a laugh and Philip just looked at me. I explained what had just happened and he started laughing. I don't want him to think we do this little trick to people, but I just couldn't help but smile. He's so smart! I love him so much!

My last little story for today is about snuggle time last night. We were settling in for the night and I went to the couch and got the blanket and pillows ready and reached out for William. He knows this is our routine. He generally walks over carrying his bottle and crawls up into my lap. Well, last night, he brought not only his bottle, but his sippy cup of orange juice and sippy cup of water with him. He wanted all three! He alternated the three between sips. We laughed and laughed at him. I hate I didn't get a picture, but writing it down will help. He would hold one in one hand and drink it while snuggling the other two with the other arm. Finally I slipped one away and then got the other away. He finished his bottle and was ready for bed. While walking up the stairs, he has discovered the pictures and paintings and loves to talk about them. He says "baby" when we pass a picture of him, "doooooor" when we pass the painting, "drake" for the picture of the dog, "mama, dada" for us, and so-on. He turns and looks for the next one and points for what's to come. I'm loving this little new addition to our routine! Oh, we generally do read bedtime stories, but mainly it's snuggle time with mommy!
Hope you enjoyed the laughter! Have a great day and weekend!
I thought Friday would NEVER get here this week!
Philip's off on Monday so I am pumped up for a long weekend with my husband and baby!
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!



7 comments:
Hey, Lauren! What cute stories and how smart to get them down before the details get blurred.
Happy Valentine's Day to you all and give sweet William a hug from me.
Hey Guys,
Love, love, love this blog stuff. We look forward to all the stories and pictures. Keep it coming.
Love and kisses,
Mimi
Lauren Green? I do so hope this is you my KD friend or else I run the risk of looking like a stalker by adding a commment to someone's blog that has no idea who I am. I found your blog through Jill Bertella's who I have linked to through mine. Your little one is adorable! Aren't they fun? Catch me up on life. Send me an email and I'll plug you into ours. I love the blogging world! Welcome!
Katie Puccio Snow
kepuccio@yahoo.com
Oh yeah, that was me that deleted the commment up there. I didn't spell everything correctly and well, I just wouldn't be a teacher(by profession) if I allowed that to happen!
So sweet!
Oh-and I have a surprise for you on my blog ;)
THAT'S OUR BOY!!!!!
Lauren.
SEVERAL DAYS AND NOTHING!!!!!!!
we are having withdrawl pains. WE NEED AN UPDATE ON OUR BOY AND HIS PARENTS.------
PAPA and MIMI
Post a Comment