Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Catching Up to Slow Down!

We had a wonderful weekend at the lake. The weather was beautiful and perfect to be outdoors playing! William loved walking around the yard and down to see the water. He is so happy to be outdoors! Watching him walking and running around just got me thinking about how fast he is growing up! He is slowing slipping from the "needing mommy/daddy" to "little Mr. independent". He can tell you/show you want he wants and can entertain himself and is happy to just be by himself. It's a good thing, I know, but he's my baby!

We so needed this weekend. It was great for Philip to escape from work and just relax. He enjoyed being outside the most. I caught him a couple of times just running and playing outside with our lab, Drake. It makes me happy to see him bonding with Drake. (for those of you who don't know, we lost our (mainly Philip's) German Shepherd Tillman back in December. He was the most wonderful dog and had been with Philip since college) I know Philip has always loved Drake, but now he says it's like they both have a special bond b/c they both miss Tillman.

Philip brought along his boots and they have become one of William's favorite things to play with these days. He loves to try and put them on and walk around in them. What can I say...it just melts my heart. Here's a short video of my little baby and his daddy's boots.


I also took his little boots and he wore them most of the time. He looked just like a little cowboy walking around in them! He acted like he was 10 feet tall. He was a little wobbly wearing them at first, but once he got the hang of it, he was off. I feel they will be his new favorite pair!

If you've ever been up to Lake Eufaula, you know about Wilson's (now Baker's) hot dogs! They are the best and you simply must have one while in town. I grew up going to the lake and we always had hot dogs. So, my dear sweet husband gives in and we get Wilson's...he actually has a cheeseburger. The burgers are new under the Baker's ownership, so I don't care for them...they are not my memories! Lunch on Saturday was hot dogs and cheeseburgers! Perfect for the lake!

We had the chance to spend some time with my cousin and her family (Ben, Anna, Amery, Eve, Linden, Ava and Isabella) The kids were great! They played and played and played. The babies were adorable together! The first thing William and Ava did was run to give each other a hug, and in doing so, they pulled each other down on the driveway. There was a delayed cry from both William and Ava. Neither one would let go of the other! It was as if they wanted to keep the other safe! Once everyone was checked out (not a scratch to be found), they were off getting into the toys and roaming all over the yard. Little Isabella is 6 months old and just precious! She smiles loves to stick her little tongue out at you! William would come over to her and smile and say "baby" then try to give her either a hug, a kiss, or a toy. She is enjoying the Bumbo chair and was content to watch all the excitment from her perch. Too Cute!

We all enjoyed yummy appetizers late in the evening (Spinach dip, brushetta, and stuffed peppers). The peppers were delicious, but HOT! We had a crockpot dinner of what I call "Jenny's Chicken" b/c I got the recipe from my dear friend Jenny.

* 10 oz. can whole kernel corn, drained/rinsed.

*10 oz can black beans, drained/rinsed

1 cup salsa (any kind)

chicken breasts

1 cup salsa (any kind)

Layer the ingredients in this order in a crockpot and cook either on high for 2 hrs or low 4 hrs. Top with cheese. Can be served with rice.

Anna provided dessert (either chocolate cake or strawberry delight). The cake was my favorite! After dinner all the big kids headed off to watch movies while we took the 3 little ones to the tub! They were so cute! Rub-a-dub-dub...3 babies in a tub!

Oh, Philip won the Trivial Pursuit game...like always :) Ben "gave up" b/c he had to go get Linden and Ava to bed, but Anna and I couldn't quit...Philip wouldn't let us. By this time it was around midnight! The game finally ended, and William woke up, so I stayed up to get him back to sleep. Not a problem though...he's my cuddle bug and I love it when he snuggles, especially in the wee hours when it's so quiet! Anna stayed up with me and we talked for while. It was so nice to just talk. She's one of my very best friends and I don't see her enough. I am so blessed to call her not only a friend, but family. We thoroughly enjoyed our weekend. Hope everyone had a great weekend too! I've included a few pictures from our weekend for ya'll. Enjoy!

Lauren, William, Isabella and Anna

Lauren and Baby Isabella

Ava up in the tree...little monkey

William and Ava playing outside

Eve, Linden and William


Amery and William

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update..........
You guys had a full weekend of fun and games and bonding. The pictures were great and I sure appreciate seeing ya'll doing family things together. Keep up the reports, everyone is looking well. Send ya'll lots of love...........


William 2 years old

William 2 years old

William loves swinging on our front porch. 15 months old

I love this picture...he's looking up at his daddy