Wednesday, May 19, 2010

2010!!!

Time to bring in the new year...here on our blog! I have been so far behind on my blogging (which is part of my journal) but for good reason. If you noticed, I fell behind right around the time I found out we were expecting! As you know, the beginning of the pregnancy was very rough on me, so I had to take a break from computer life...although I am determined to catch up, regardless how crazy that sounds!

So, here's to our New Year!
!





We celebrated New Year's Eve together as our family of 3, right here at home! We just hung out together for the night. Seaside was having a concert that night and I heard that Abrakadoodle was there doing face painting and crafts with kids, so off we went! William had a blast! He danced to the music and entertained himself while Philip and I hung out and watched. He was a perfect little guy for the face painting! He picked out a "tiger" face and patiently sat while the lady painted away. He loved the finished product and had a blast doing his tiger roar all night! He and I had a great time making the craft project together. As you can tell from the pictures, he wanted to cover his entire shaker with sequins and buttons! Once he was done, off we went back to the band. William danced and danced. It was priceless!!



Back at home, while I got William to bed, Philip prepared our New Year's Eve meal. This year he made homemade French Onion Soup and Caesar Salad. It was delicious! While it is a different meal each year, Philip always prepares a meal just for the 2 of us to ring in the New Year. It is always amazing. We pull out our fine china and crystal and have dinner together. (We typically get dressed up in cocktail attire, but this year, as soon as we got home from Seaside, I was in my pajamas!!) It is our tradition together. We also have a bottle of champagne for the Big Countdown, although this year I had sparkling white grape juice!! It was just perfect!!



Hope everyone had an amazing New Year's Eve!

No comments:


William 2 years old

William 2 years old

William loves swinging on our front porch. 15 months old

I love this picture...he's looking up at his daddy