Saturday, April 17, 2010

Trip to the Tree Farm

Boy was our December busy!! We started the month off with our annual family trip up to the Strickland-Davis Tree Farm in Defuniak Springs. We were on a mission to find the perfect Christmas tree! Did we pick the coldest morning to have a fun family morning out?? It was freezing, but somehow that was perfect! We were all bundled up and ready to go! Philip and I enjoyed a warm cup of hot chocolate as we began our search. William just loved all the trees! He kept saying "Mommy look at that tree" or "Daddy, it's a big tree" He was so cute going up to all the short trees saying "This is my tree". We had so much fun walking around and deciding on our perfect tree. I somehow always fall in love with the biggest tree out there and my wonderful husband just smiles at me and ends up cutting it down :) He is so good to me...
My brother, Hunter, met us that morning with Drake. My parents and brothers had been taking care of Drake for a week or so for us and it was the perfect opportunity to meet to pick him up. It worked out great b/c Hunter could take a family picture for us and actually have Drake with us!! Somehow Hunter managed to take the best picture of us with Drake actually looking straight at the camera. Back to our tree... William loved watching and attempting to help his Daddy cut down the tree. He kept saying "we take it home with us". William and I sang Christmas songs and danced around while Philip cut the tree. It was just a priceless morning!! I knew our Christmas season was off to a great start! I love our family outings and all the memories we create. I love the joy I see in William's eyes as we discover life together. I knew it was going to be a fantastic Christmas full of many wonderful memories as our family of 3...


No comments:


William 2 years old

William 2 years old

William loves swinging on our front porch. 15 months old

I love this picture...he's looking up at his daddy