Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful Mothers I know! I am blessed to have the most wonderful and amazing mother in my life. She is such a best friend to me and I love her dearly. She amazes me with her day-to-day strength and I admire her relationship with the Lord. She is full of love for her children and her husband. She is passionate about life. She gives her time and her love to help others always. I've learned so much in life from my mother. I've watched her be a strong Christian woman and I try to model her devotion to family and to the Lord in my own life. I am amazed at watching her as a grandmother...it's like having my own grandmother back. My mom's mom passed away 15 years ago and she was such a strong lady herself. She was such a humble and loving lady full of life and filled with the Holy Spirit. I know that my mom learned everything from her. My grandmother helped lead me to Christ. I had such a special relationship with her and miss her dearly everyday. I know my Mom misses her terribly and hurts not having her here, but I can see the strong side in Moma and know that Grandmama is still with us. My moma is my hero. She faces each day with courage and determination to make a difference. She is always there when I need her. She'll listen to me ramble on and on about whatever. She'll answer any question I have about being a mom or wife. She prays with and for me constantly. She cries with me when I need to cry. She laughs with me. She's always doing special things for me to make me smile. She encourages me in everything. She supports me in my life. She's always willing to help me however she can. She loves my child with her whole heart. I could go on and on about the woman I admire. I could write a novel about my relationship with my mother. The words are endless when it comes to trying to thank her for all she has done and will do for me. She's taught me how to be the best mother I can be. She is a true example of Christ's love. I continue to learn from her. She is my mother and I love her completely. I love it when she comes down or I go up just to visit and it hurts when she has to leave. I'm such a sap and just love having my Moma with me. I'm the type that still wants my Moma when I'm sick or hurt (but my husband does a fantastic job, so I try not to cave to my wanting her) Here's to my mother. May God continue to bless her and enrich her life daily. I hope you all are so blessed to have someone in your life like my mom. She's the best!




5 comments:
Lauren,
What a beautiful tribute to your mom. I hope Maggie will have tissues nearby when she reads this. Hallmark would hire you in a minute. You are a loving daughter and I know your Moma is very proud of the woman you have become. So often we don't express our feelings to the ones we love and then it's to late.
You are truly blessed to have her.
You better start thinking about next year's Mother's Day because this is going to be hard to beat..
Love to All....
Lauren,
OOPS, should read too late....
Lauren,
So glad you had a good Mother's Day weekend with your mother and family. Your mother is special and you two have a great relationship. I see you patterning your life and relationship with your family after your parents. THIS IS GOOD.
Thank you 'Miss Lauren' and thank you for giving your grandmother credit where credit is due. God formed Mother into a wonderful CHRISTIAN daughter, sister, then wife,then mother and grandmother. Yes, she was my best friend and she did have a hand in leading you into making your profession of faith. I am so glad you now have her collection of Bibles. This Mother's Day was so special in the way the sermon on prayer was so relevent as we share about PRAYER being our source of strength daily. I am so praoud and thankful Philip has you and William in such a blessed church as Destin'sUMC especially with Dr. Ken Taylor as Sr. pastor. I thought I cried a lot Sunday with the prayer for our mothers who have gone before us but your affirmations of me as your mother has really poured the tears out and on....:):)I love you a real MUCHES Miss Lauren. You are the bestest daughter and friend anyone could ever have. Thank you for being so good to Philip and especially to William, too! Hugs and kisses!!!
Maggie and Lauren...
You are beautiful...
Thank you for sharing what the Lord has give you with us!!!!
Post a Comment