Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Angels Among Us

Monday evening as I was putting William to bed I had the most incredible experience. As I've mentioned before, bedtime routine with William is: bath, pj's, brush teeth, read books, sing songs, pray then bed with music playing. He's got this down pat...with only a little crying when I have to leave the room. Well, Monday night as I sat in his room rocking him on my chest singing lullaby songs and praise/hymn songs and him trying to sing along with me, I had the most calm feeling (more than usual) I've ever felt. As we finished our last song I told him it was time to pray. We put our hands folded together and lean our foreheads together so we can whisper. I say the words and he repeats me ("Desus, bwess my famy, Desus, tankyou for evyting, Desus, keeeep me saaaf, I love you Desus, Amen) That's a sample prayer, but you get the sweet sweet picture. His little voice praying is just amazing. About half way through the prayer he leans back and looks up over my shoulders and starts smiling. He pulls one hand away and begins to point and wave a little. He then whispers "hey" and smiles really big. My heart just about jumped out of my chest with joy! I knew he was seeing Angels!! We were surrounded at that very moment with guardian angels and William could see them! I smiled at him and asked him what did he see? Did he God's Angels? He said "yesss" and smiled again. I told him to tell Jesus thank you for the angels to watch over him tonight and he said without a blink "tankyou Desus" (his J is a D). I've heard that children can see angels and I now know that for certain. They are with us. We each have a guardian angel. Oh, how much I cherish this moment in my heart. My child was not afraid, but happy! I could hear the words "Do not be afraid-for see, I bring you good news of great joy for all people"--(Luke 2:10) echoing in my soul. I could feel the Lord's presence in his room. I know God is Good! I told William to finish his prayers and tell the angels night-night (which he did and waved). It truly left me speechless. I know the Lord will send a multitude of angels to watch over us. I pray every night that he protects my child through the night and that he sends his angels to be with us. What a blessing to experience! What an absolute blessing! Psalms 91 states that he will command his angels to guard us. What a comfort! May God bless you today and always!


Psalms 91:11-12 "For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone."

5 comments:

Papa said...

Lauren,

What a beautiful experience!! As you know, the bible has numerous references concerning angels. I know you felt God's presense and how sweet that is. Our beautiful, sweet, loving William has a lifetime of learning about God's love ahead of him.
Thank you for continuing to nurture him.

maggiethinks said...

Lauren,
That's wonderful! I could hear it in your voice as you called me afterwards! I could also hear your Grandmother's voice saying...Our Most GRACIOUS and LOVING Heavenly Father... I then called Poppi to hear him agree! We are so so PROUD!!! My how God is blessing you and Philip as great parents!

Grumps said...

Angels galore!!The Bible describes angels as our helpers and guardians. William has many angel friends. God is blessing him. You posted Psalms 91:11-12 and this is a powerful statement. Gram said Aunt Tammy saw angels many times too at different locations. She believed in angels very deeply. How beautiful it is that God allowed you two to see into His Spirit world. Thanks for sharing this story.
Love ya,
Grumps

Anonymous said...

God Bless You Today and Always too, Little Mama!! :O) I've read your account of William's seeing the Angels a couple of times...I so love testimonies revealing Childrens' fellowship with God...We know they have such open, tender spirits...Just imagine HOW PRECIOUS they are to God...cause we know How Precious they are to us!! ...This is only the beginning of the treasures you'll experience with your Little Son!! :O) Much love to you!!

Katie said...

Sweet boy!


William 2 years old

William 2 years old

William loves swinging on our front porch. 15 months old

I love this picture...he's looking up at his daddy