October 2010...
Fall weather outside. William turned 3. Griggs turned 3 months. Looking back, where did time go? How has a year and half passed?? I sit here March 2012 recapturing this chapter in our life for my blog, my journal. If I sit alone, still, quiet, all the sweet details of those days, October 2010 replay through my mind. Even the little moments of watching William play with Griggs, as he grew more aware of “life”. Griggs giggled lots and cooed at us. He snuggled and wiggled. He loved his hands and feet and entertained himself by the tiny little fingers and toes attached. William was fascinated by his baby. He loved “helping” dress him and take care of him by bringing blankets, burp cloths, toys, you name it. William would talk to Griggs and ask him questions, while Griggs just sat and soaked up the attention from his big brother. I can remember how observant Griggs seemed to be…how he would watch everything we did with such curiosity in his eyes, then yawn and doze off to sleep. Those early few months just seemed to fly by, moving at such a rapid speed. I remember thinking to myself, “take note, jot down, snap the pictures, grab the video…be still and quiet and soak it up” I do have scribbled notes of memories and “milestones”. I also quickly became a facebook journal status updater because it was right at my fingertips, daily. It proved a quick spot to “update” thoughts and moments. I just enjoy journaling in any form…even if it be a quick note, to go back and add to for my longer journal….life is a running record, a wonderful blessing!
So….what all filled the days for us, October 2010??
The weather was beautiful, so we found ourselves on the beach many afternoons. It was a relaxing way to pass the time. Griggs would either sit in the bjourne on our chest, or relax on his blanket kicking and giggling. William ran all over and built sandcastles. He also loved when we’d walk down with the stroller because he got to help push the stroller down the ramp. He said that’s big brother stuff. He would run and play, then come back and ask Griggs if he wanted to play. I am so thankful we have the beauty of the beach right here. It is a peaceful outlet for fun, a calming place for family.
Some of the best moments were during our days at home, just watching William and Griggs. William always wanted to be with his brother. One night, he said Griggs was spending the night in his big boy bed. William helped get Griggs all tucked in and snuggled, then began singing to him. He told us to go on to sleep, that he’d keep Griggs. I remember his sincere face. How sweet. We all piled in bed to “sleep” for a little while before it was really bedtime. William said he couldn’t wait until Griggs could really spend the night! I love their brotherly love already present. I love how God blessed our family.
A milestone occurred. Well, I call it a milestone….We introduced Griggs to his Bumbo seat at 3 months and he seemed to like it. The sweetest was how William would sit nearby and chat with his brother. He loved to “read” to him on days like this. It was such a fun concept! I loved sitting Griggs in his new chair and watch how William entertained. Just a special memory for me.
To keep William engaged in the seasonal crafts and continue our “preschool” time, we enjoyed some crafts and activities at home. I love watching him as we work on arts and crafts. His excitement about his learning is heartwarming for a mother. He is eager to do activities and crafts together. I love these keepsakes. Sometimes I laugh and know we do more crafts for my sake, to have special handmade keepsakes from their childhood. But, our crafts bring smiles to us, and that’s the best. We made pumpkin faces and 5 little pumpkins sitting on a gate. We painted ghosts with our feet. We even painted a pumpkin! Then, we pulled out the paints and William created beautiful pieces of art to hang in his bedroom! I love it. He was so proud to see his work up on his wall. I treasure these days.
We also made some trips to Dothan to visit my parents. It was fun hanging out and relaxing on our visits. One visit included a dove hunt for the guys. William was so cute sending them off with hugs. I smiled, knowing before long, William and Griggs would be off on these adventures with their daddy, uncles and granddaddy.
I loved how many of our days were filled with just simple playtime. We had lots of fun at home, making memories. We set up the big fish inside play tent and made forts. William loved having indoor picnics in his tent, right in the middle of our den/dining room. Griggs had lots of tummy time and back time. He would reach out for toys dangling on his play-mat and hold his head up during tummy time. I loved capturing his sweet face!! I loved watching William as he created stories in his tent. I loved how William would find my beautiful geraniums planted outside, snap them and proudly hand them over to me.. I’ll take those flowers any day of the week! I never want him to stop snapping flowers for mommy!
A new adventure we discovered with friends was what we called “the bouncy house”. Wilder’s World for Kids! A warehouse of huge jumpy houses and inflatable slides. A great find! It provided great outings and afternoons of fun. Watching William disappear into the slides and come out with smiles was priceless! He was becoming more and more independent. Always smiling. Always up for fun!
We also loved having Holden (my little brother) come down to visit us during his fall break during October. William was so excited his Uncle Holden was coming!! He wanted to stay awake while we drove to pick him up…even to the point of holding his eyes open to stay awake!! William loves being with Holden and I love having my baby brother down. It’s a special time together. Holden really loved helping with baby Griggs. He was fascinated by helping with all the “grown-up” parts of taking care of a baby…changing diapers, dressing baby, rocking baby…it was very tender and sweet to see him so gently interact with my baby and still play and have a blast with William. We spent an afternoon on the beach, went to the bouncy house, ate lots and lots, and even took Holden with us to art class!! William couldn’t get enough of being with his uncle. They even “camped out” on the floor in their sleeping bags. I was so tickled at the glimpse into the future, knowing as my boys grow, both uncles will have fun making these cool memories. I’m thankful to have a fun and loving baby brother that loves my babies and loves hanging out with me. (as does my other brother… so sweet )
More special and fun times in October that I’ll post independently about…so watch for these posts...
Halloween, and how William insisted he be a “Kireman” (fireman) and Griggs was his “Rescue Dog--Spots”
WPJ turns 3 with a Fireman and Firetruck party!!
Disney Live…William’s first live show/concert and Date Night with just Mommy & Daddy
Our first family game to TROY!! My school, my old stomping grounds.
Like I said, I’m capturing all our memories, however long it takes. Life is busy and I’m enjoying every moment of it. I am having fun going back and writing my blog, looking back and remembering. It’s a goal of mine to capture it all for the boys…and makes me smile, knowing all we’ve experienced together! However long it takes, all the fun adventures that happen in between the posts, I do plan to keep the blog in order for memory sake.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
William 2 years old
William 2 years old
William loves swinging on our front porch. 15 months old
I love this picture...he's looking up at his daddy



No comments:
Post a Comment