Saturday, October 1, 2011

August 2010: Days at home with William and Griggs...

Going back and catching up...gives me time. Time to reflect back and thumb through my pictures from a year ago.  Time to remember all the tiny moments and sweet memories.  I can't believe I am sitting here 15 months late in my blogging, wondering where time has gone.  Yet, I push ahead, still blogging when I can to create my blog (journal story) for my boys for a keepsake one day. 

Last August, Griggs turned one month and we made the big transition to big boy underwear with William.  We spent lots of time just hanging around the house, snuggling and giggling together.  Some of my favorite moments...all the smiles from my two boys and watching William love and cuddle with his baby brother.  William and I made lots of pallets on the floor for extra snuggle time.  He loved to pile up pillows and make "soft beds" he could crawl in while Griggs slept nearby on his baby boppy lounger pillow.  I loved watching this little love grow.  We also started letting Griggs hang out in his bouncy seat and swing a bit.  He seemed to enjoy both.  William always wanted Griggs nearby and would sing sweet songs to his baby.




 I loved doing mini photo sessions with Griggs, capturing hischubby, chubby cheeks and those tiny feet and hands in pictures.  I loved snapping pictures of him while he slept.  I loved taking silly pictures of William while he and I played during Griggs' naptimes.  William seemed to be adjusting quite well to being a big brother.  It was such a fun and special time.  We also would occassionaly go down to the beach together to let William play in the sand while we cuddled on Griggs and enjoyed sunset.  There were several nights both boys would end up in our bed and I'd sleep so soundly right between the two.  I could go on and on describing the simple life.  I could talk endlessly about how much I love my children and love spending my days being just that...a mommy!  I love watching my husband as a daddy to two boys.  I love my family and cherish moments together.  In a way, it is a blessing that I am this far behind in my  blogging...I have a reason to spend time reminiscing and drifting back through my thoughts of Griggs as an infant and my William becoming a big brother.  I am loving that as I thumb through pictures and play slideshows here on my computer remembering these moments, William sits beside me or plays nearby and will come over and ask me to tell him stories from the pictures, smiling so proudly!  And, how sweet his little voice sounds when he asks me to please pull out his baby pictures and tell him his stories.  Music to my heart!! 



Here's a recap of August 2010 in pictures...there's lots!  and they all capture my heart in motion!

No comments:


William 2 years old

William 2 years old

William loves swinging on our front porch. 15 months old

I love this picture...he's looking up at his daddy