Here I am, still trying to find time to go back and capture all the special moments throughout the past year. I try to find time to spend devoted to this blog, journaling our family time to have as a keepsake one day...I am doing my best! I am determined to get. caught. up!! It's been almost 11 months...where has time gone...
Anyway, to go back...
Our August started with a trip to Dothan (which I blogged about last post). Next on our agenda, was a visit from Gram, Grumps...and Mema! It had been just over a month since Gram and Grumps were up with us and Mema had not yet met Griggs :) They came up to spend a weekend with us. Mema was just tickled to get to hold Griggs and snuggle with him. Gram and Grumps were too. We just spent the weekend quietly around the house. One afternoon we decided to head down to Seaside to get some frozen yogurt together, which is a favorite of William's! He loves it and thinks everyone should love it just as much. Griggs was so sweet and tiny and went along for the ride. William and Mema were the cutest eating their frozen yogurt. We let William run around in the grass for a while (another favorite of his) and show off his tricks for them. I strolled around Seaside for a short walk with Griggs while they all watched William. I love days like this! We enjoyed some time at the house, visiting and chatting and letting Mema, Gram and Grumps get caught up on snuggles.
We did decide to have another date night for the two (3) of us while they were up. It was a nice treat to get dressed up and dress Griggs in his fancy date outfit (well, what I call his fancy, soft pajama set). Gram, Grumps and Mema babysat William for us. They had a great time playing and entertaining each other while Philip and I took Griggs on a date. We went to one of our favorite spots here on 30A (Basmati's) and while we enjoyed the date, we were a bit let down with the service and feel of the place that night. Griggs slept the entire time, yet we felt they were upset we had a baby with us. Needless to say, it's been a while since we have been back. It's a simple thing like attitude in some people that can cause such a bad taste. BUT, they couldn't cause us to regret taking our baby with us!! He was so very adorable and precious and we were thankful for our date night and alone time with just Griggs.
We enjoyed our visit with Gram, Grumps and Mema, although it was short and sweet. Spending time with family is always a favorite. It is so valuable to spend time with family and build memories. Thanks, Gram, Grumps and Mema for making the trip up to visit us and give a date night too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
William 2 years old
William 2 years old
William loves swinging on our front porch. 15 months old
I love this picture...he's looking up at his daddy



No comments:
Post a Comment