As July came to an end, Philip and I were ready to go on a date to celebrate Griggs. I was excited to have a reason to dress up and get fixed up, so we planned for my brother, Hunter and his girlfriend, Whitney to come down to visit. She hadn’t met Griggs yet, so we were looking forward to her meeting our new baby. They came down for the weekend to spend some time with us and hang out. That weekend, the boys went golfing while the girls went shopping (with the babies).
That weekend also was a special day for William! He was getting his 2nd haircut! He’s just growing up too fast, but we are loving every minute of it. I couldn’t believe he was already needing another haircut! I love his hair, with the blonde color and the sweet baby curls that come out as wisps now. Having to cut it did make me a bit sad, but I knew he would look absolutely adorable with it short and cleaned up! We had Dr. Taylor and Mrs. Betty Sue come over again to do his haircut. Mrs. Betty Sue came over to help hold Griggs while I tended to William and his haircut. Dr. Taylor did another fantastic job with William for his hair cut. William was a wiggly little fellow, full of laughter and a few tears. Whitney and Hunter helped with pictures and distractions when the tears began. It really was a fun afternoon and the finished product was an adorably handsome, grown-up looking little boy!
If you are ever in the area, you really should enjoy a date to Caliza in Alys Beach!! It’s a beautiful pool-side restaurant in Alys Beach. It took my breath away as we walked up to our date. It’s just that good. The atmosphere is very calm and secluded. The place is gorgeous. It may sound silly, but I felt like I was dining somewhere in the Caribbean, miles away from everyone. As much as I was looking forward to our date, I was not ready to leave Griggs, so we brought him along. He was so peaceful on our date. The wait staff came over and made all over him, mentioning how beautiful he was, which I, of course, already knew, but enjoyed hearing. We wined and dined together, celebrating our one month old and time alone. It was a spectacular date! I fell in love with Caliza and can’t wait to go back! The food was out of this world! Words would not do justice to try to describe. Take my word for it, or better yet, just go! All in all, the best part of our date to me was how wonderful and peaceful Griggs was, just sitting there beside me. He was the reason we were out celebrating! Date nights are always fun and refreshing. I remember that night feeling extra special. It was a perfectly wonderful evening together, with our new baby
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
William 2 years old
William 2 years old
William loves swinging on our front porch. 15 months old
I love this picture...he's looking up at his daddy



No comments:
Post a Comment