Oh, the days of June. What an exciting month for us...just waiting on our new little baby to arrive! We stayed busy to soak up some memories with William and help pass the time waiting on the new baby. We had so much fun just enjoying our summer days. Lots of days spent at the beach and the pool...lots of evenings painting just for the fun of it. Lots of fun in the kitchen together...Just lots of fun and laughter.
We kicked off the month of June with a a quick visit from Gram and Grumps. They came up to visit for a weekend and we enjoyed the time together. We did a little shopping and hung out around the house. One afternoon we all enjoyed some delicious watermelon out on the porch. I had a huge scare while they were in town...my computer basically decided to die and tell me that I had lost ALL OF MY PICTURES AND VIDEOS...thankfully, Gram had her computer so we check my external hard drive on her computer...AND ALL MY PICTURES WERE THERE!! Also, I was able to recover pictures from a memory card that had become corrupt and void..this was a wonderful blessing b/c the pictures that had been lost were the pictures from my baby shower and mother's day! I had been so heartbroken that I had no pictures from my shower, but luckily, I was able to recover all of them!! Thanks Gram for letting me use your computer!!!
We also had lots of fun in the kitchen with William...Just take a look at the pictures...We do have a chef on our hands!
William has done wonderfully settling into his new "big boy" room. The next step was making his bathroom a "big boy" bathroom. He loves his new little step-stool. He has enjoyed his afternoons outside playing on his playground, too!
The beach called our name just about every afternoon this summer. It was the perfect thing for us...a 2 year old in love with sunshine, water and sand, and a very pregnant mother who loves the sunshine, water and sand...and watching her little boy have a blast...How could I not enjoy the days in the warm sun, splashing in the water and capturing my little boy's happiness...OH, how I love being on the beach!
Father's Day will be in a separate post...I love my husband and love watching him as a daddy!
To end our month, we had a nervous scare...my dear sweet husband came down with a severe case of strep throat (just days before I went into labor). I will admit, I was terrified...I was having contractions and couldn't imagine what would happen...So, I had to focus my thoughts on William and getting Philip better...so William and I spent time creating get well gifts for Daddy and cooking soups and buying Popsicles...I was in constant prayer...And those prayers were answered...he recovered!!!
I couldn't wait to meet our new baby, but I found my thoughts consumed with William and realizing he would no longer be my little baby...no longer just mommy and William...no longer the only little one...(please don't think I was not happy about the baby, I just couldn't comprehend the change that was to come...but, boy was I ever excited and ready to hold that sweet baby and begin the new chapter...)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
William 2 years old
William 2 years old
William loves swinging on our front porch. 15 months old
I love this picture...he's looking up at his daddy



No comments:
Post a Comment