Saturday, March 20, 2010

WPJ's first Peanut Festival Fair and Parade

If you know anything about being from Southeast Alabama (Dothan to be exact), then you know how big the Peanut Festival is!! It's a tradition! I couldn't wait to share this with William! It finally worked out for us to take William to the fair and the parade this year!




As we entered the gates to the fair, William quickly discovered all the lights and the sounds and he was sooooo excited!! He kept pointing to the Ferris Wheel and saying "look, a big circle" He was amazed at all the sights and sounds! I couldn't capture enough of his little face! He even tried a peanut :) Maggie and Holden met us out there for the big night. We all had a blast enjoying William's 1st trip to the fair. His favorite was the merry-go-round, so we rode it several times. He was the sweetest little one out there! I'm so happy to have the memories of his first Peanut Festival Fair!






Better than the fair is the Peanut Parade! It's another wonderful tradition! I have memories of going as a child as well as marching in the parade. It goes right downtown Dothan. The best is the truck that comes and scatters the peanuts! That's when everyone runs out and scoops up some peanuts to enjoy during the parade! I was like a kid in a candy store waiting for the truck to come by so William could experience this! At first, he stayed on my hip and just watched, but after a little while, he was ready to pick his on peanuts! He was so cute picking up little handfuls with his chubby little hands! He was a great parade watcher! He enjoyed the bands and the floats. Poppi, Maggie and Holden were with us and helped capture the memories. William especially loved all the attention he was getting! Maggie even introduced cotton candy to him :) Poppi had a blast waving at everyone with William.






I hope this is a tradition that continues through the years! I just love the Peanut Festival! I love the memories of William's 1st experience at both!


(well, we did take him to the parade last year, but he was only 1 year and didn't quite understand everything, but nonetheless, we have pictures from that trip too!)



Enjoy the pictures!!

No comments:


William 2 years old

William 2 years old

William loves swinging on our front porch. 15 months old

I love this picture...he's looking up at his daddy