The beginning of October began for us with a family weekend at the lake. We had not been up since Father's Day, so it was calling!! The lake is perfect! It's quiet and away from everything. I love going and just spending time with Philip and William. When we have the chance to spend time with friends there, it's a double blessing.
Hunter and Whitney spent Friday night with us at the lake. They were there when we arrived and were so ready to see William. Uncle Hunter has really taken to William. William loves his "HUNNER" Whitney is also great about playing with William. She'll be so silly with him and makes him laugh and laugh. It was such a great night just hanging out together. We were cooking dinner while all focused on William. At one point we were all sitting on the floor playing. I did manage to get some fun pictures. William stayed up so late, but I didn't care. He was having fun with us and this was our night with Hunter and Whitney.
Saturday morning I had to drive to Abbeville around 6:30ish b/c I had left William's medicine/travel bag at my parents house. Daddy was already meeting Hunter so I didn't feel so bad about having him bring my stuff too. It was early, but I went instead of Philip b/c I felt bad for leaving William's stuff in the first place. Philip and William slept in a little bit before enjoying a quiet morning together. I grabbed breakfast from Hardee's before heading back to the lakehouse. I was ready to see my little boy! We had Sat. morning to ourselves. After breakfast we headed outside for a walk. I love walking at the lake. There is just something in the air up there. William just takes it all in. He loves being outside. Drake went with us for our walk. The cutest part was how William was say "No DAKE, Get you" when Drake would come up to the stroller and lick William. Drake LOVES William. William LOVES Drake...just not too close :) William loves Drake but doesn't like for him to get too close. It's cute to watch. William will call Drake over, then say "NO DAKE, SIT, SIT" or "NO GET YOU-GET YOU, NO GET YOU-GET YOU".
A little after lunch our friends DJ and Stephanie arrived with their twins, Lily and Harris. It's been forever since we have spent any time with them, so they came down to the lake for the night. William was so excited about his new friends! We walked on down to the water to check it out but didn't take the kids' swim stuff...that didn't matter! Before we knew it, Lily and Harris were in the water in their birthday suits! William soon followed, but bless his heart, he had a severe diaper rash (the first SEVERE one) so every time his bottom hit the water, he would cry in pain. I ended up holding him and wading in the water so he could splash his feet. Stephanie and I went on back up to the house with the kids and changed everyone into dry clothes. Lily, Harris and William played and played upstairs until they were 100% exhausted and ready for a nap. DJ and Philip stayed at the house to watch football and listen for the kids while Stephanie and I walked down to the dock to enjoy some sunshine. It was perfect out there! The warm sun, the sound of the water rocking under the dock, the occasional boat...I could have easily drifted off to sleep! We kept "chasing" the sun until we were almost off the dock, which meant it was time to head back to the house. Lily was awake when we got back, so we took her with us to the grocery store. She was too cute. She kept saying it was "Just the girls" and asking her Mommy for "Lipgloss".
Saturday night was the Auburn/TN game, so the wives cooked dinner so the husbands could watch the game. The kids were back and forth between helping in the kitchen and playing upstairs. William was staying right with the twins, not missing a beat! Again, the kids played and played until they crashed, which also meant we all crashed! It was an early night for everyone. It was sad to see our friends leave on Sunday morning, but we made plans to get together again soon.
We took William on another walk with his wagon Sunday morning. He loves his wagon! I think all boys should have a wagon! They are just too cute and too perfect! The wagon walk was a hit! He didn't want to get out, but we convinced him to let the wagon take a nap :) Our time at the lake was perfect! We enjoyed our time away from home. Sunday evening we found ourselves outside again with William. He discovered grasshoppers, or in his words "HOPPERS"
We had the best time chasing hoppers all over the yard. Philip would pick one up and hand it to William, who would laugh and laugh at how it would crawl over his hand. We tried to save the hoppers from the toddler hands, but a few did meet their fate. William thought it was fun to shake the hopper and throw it down. Oh, what a time we had chasing hoppers all over and listening to William laugh. It was the best night!
Monday started with another wagon ride and walk together. William kept asking for "hoppers" and we told him to watch for them as we strolled along. It was time to head home, so we cleaned up and packed up for our trip home. We did stop in Dothan to see Grandaddy for a little bit. William loves his Grandaddy and Maggie! He loves going to their house anytime we get. Maggie wasn't there, so we didn't get to see her. My Daddy had some fresh vegetables from his garden for us, which is always a treat! Poppi stopped by while we were there so that was an extra treat! William played a little while with HO-HO before we had to head on home.
So, as you can see, we had a packed, yet relaxing weekend at the lake. I love going up to the lake any chance we get. It's the best medicine for anything under the sun. Hope you enjoy the pictures and videos!
1 comment:
Lauren, a busy weekend but looks like you guys had a lot of fun!!! thanks for doing the blog.
Post a Comment