I am still trying to catch up with my blogging, so I am going to do a major nutshell wrap for September. It was a great month, but hectic too!
Things of William:
Sept. 2: said his first 5 word sentence: "Jesus Bwess Daddy and Mommy" (on his own as we were all eating dinner together)
Sept. 8: crawled out of his crib, walked into my room and found me...so proud of himself
Sept. 15: discovered thunder: when he heard it, he said "Moma, that?" I said "That's thunder" and banged my fists together and said it's what happened in the rain when the clouds bang together. The next Thunder, he paused, looked at me, and repeated "thunder, cwouds" and hit his fists together.
Sept. 16: sang "Happy Birthday" to me for my birthday
Sept. 17: when I said "Love you" he answered "Love you too"! (usually just answers love you)
Sept. 21: said "Welcome" to a "'thankyou" w/out prompting.
Over the course of the month (somewhere near the beginning):
He counted to 15 on his own!
Recognized colors: green, blue, red, purple, orange, black
Recognized shapes: circle, square
Said "War Eagle" with the arm and "Go, go Orange"
Fell in love with "Bassetball"
Sang his "A,B,C's" with his leapfrog.
Sang along the entire book "Chicka-Chicka Boom, Boom"
Our September:
I am currently keeping Scott during the day while his mom works. It is going great! William loves "Sott" and enjoyes helping with him a lot. I also had the chance to keep my friend Jenny's little boy Jackson on Sept. 9 while she took Jillian to the doctor in Pensacola. I had such a great time with all 3 boys! Jackson and Scott followed each other around all morning. William loves baby Jackson and baby Scott.
William spent the weekend of Sept. 11 w/ Maggie and Granddaddy so Philip and I could go to Auburn for the game as my birthday present. We had a great time together in Auburn. There was a lot of walking, but well worth it! We visited friends at some tailgate spots before heading on into the game. We sat with our friends, Hugh and Mary. It was great! I just love being in Auburn. Philip and I did buy Dubya a new little Auburn shirt and then Philip bought me a new Auburn hat! So, while we were enjoying Auburn, William "helped" Maggie set up her classroom and then played all day with Granddaddy and HO-HO. They had such a great time with William for the weekend. I heard stories about how Grandaddy and HO-HO played all afternoon long with William and how Maggie just piled in the bed with him instead of puttting him in his crib. William just loves Maggie! That Sunday night while I was still working in Maggie's classroom, Philip kept him at their house...and W wouldn't take a nap. That is until about 6:15 when he just literally sprawled out in the middle of the den floor in the middle of his toys and fell asleep!! Sweet!
I had several girlfriends (and kids) over for a girls dinner the night before my birthday to celebrate. William had a blast with all his little friends! I am so blessed to have such wonderful friends.
Jenny and Patrick kept William for my birthday night so Philip and I could go to dinner at my favorite, Cafe Tango! Yum! William had the best night playing with his best friends (Jillian and Jackson) I will say he wakes up most morings asking for "Jenny, Jilly, Jackson".
He loves them so much!
Next was my 10 class reunion. This weekend was a bit hectic at first! We always stay with my parents when we go to Dothan, BUT Holden has the FLU (most likely swine flu) so we couldn't be around him. That also knocked out Maggie keeping William for us! I called Grannymart and asked if we could stay with her. Of course we could! She even babysat William Friday night for us to meet some friends. It was so sweet to hear them laughing and playing when we came home for the night...although it was a quarter to 12~~ Haha! He had such a great time playing with Grannymart! Saturday he kept asking for Maggie, so we went for a walk around the block and called her and had her walk outside to say hey. He was a bit confused, but seemed happy that he at least saw her, and then saw Holden through the window. Uncle Hunter came through for me and babysat him Saturday night. He took him to get Chick-fil-A for dinner, then took him to a friends house to watch the Auburn game. Hunter did bring him back to Grannymart's for bedtime and even gave him a bath and dressed him for bed in his PJ's! I was so impressed! William didn't want to go to sleep, so Hunter stayed until William finally fell asleep on the den floor right at the foot of Grannymart's chair. He wanted Mommy's pillow, his soccer ball and his football. Thanks to Grannymart and Hunter for helping me with William for the reunion. I am so thankful that my Moma didn't get sick and that Holden got better so fast!
After leaving Dothan, we drove up to Troy to meet Leigh's little baby, Tate Jackson (TJ). She had him the week before and was home getting settled in and adjusted. Leigh and Travis have such a beautiful baby boy! William loved TJ and all his baby toys! I was in heaven holding that sweet baby! I am so thankful that one of my best friends is now of Mommy to such a precious baby boy!! He is amazing and so beautiful! Her life is forever changed for the better!
The following week Baby Scott was picked up one day early, then not there on Friday, so William and I spend those days and afternoons out on the beach! We had such a great time together on the beach.
I also had the chance to keep another friend's baby (Baby Jack) for her one day. So, that day, I had 3 little ones here :) It was an amazing day. Everything went so smooth and just flowed so naturally. I just love babies!
We wrapped up the month with a quiet weekend at home together. We also had our friend's, The Hightowers, over for dinner that week. I love Tamara and miss her so much! We met in 2005 at Butler where we taught across the hall from each other. We instantly became the best of friends. It was super hard to leave her at school when I decided to stay home with my baby. She is an amazing woman and such an inspiration to know! She is now the principal at Bay and has moved even closer to us, but it is still few and far between when we see each other. William loved having her over to play as we tried to catch up. You know, the friends that can just pick up were we left off...that's Tamara.
Over the last weekend, a friend of mine from years ago came to town with his wife, child and a couple friend of theirs. Kyle and I met years ago when he came up to Dothan to visit his grandmother, who lived up the street from me. It was always fun hanging out whenever he would come to town. He was like a big brother and somehow we have kept in touch over the years. Anyway, we met them for dinner Friday night at The Loveshack. It was great meeting his wife, April and their little boy, Wyatt. After dinner we walked outside to check out the pool and let the kids play in the little fountains beside the pool. On Saturday, we babysat their kids (Wyatt and Addison) so the 2 couples could have a nice, grown-up dinner date on their vacation. Well, William just took right to Wyatt! They had a great time together. Philip and I took all 3 kids for a quick walk around the block and then just played at the house. Again, 3 littles, NOT A CHALLENGE AT ALL!! I had both Wyatt and Addison asleep when their parents got back. William didn't want them to leave. To this day, he still asks for Wyatt!!
So, that's September in a Nutshell! Sorry for the brief stories, but hopefully, you can enjoy the pictures and videos!



No comments:
Post a Comment