After lunch and a short nap from William, Maggie and I loaded William and Holden in the car to take Holden "shopping" for new school uniform clothes up at Whitney's work. William loved this!! There was no one in the store and he could run run run!! He loved the large mirror on the back wall! He kept going over to it and talking to himself. Holden tried on several different styles of the shorts and polo shirts, but decided to wait on Daddy. Whitney did a great job getting everything for Holden. She also entertained William too! I got some cute pictures of Maggie and William playing by the big mirror.
Our next stop was going to see Hunter in his new office! I still find it hard to believe that my little brother has his own office!! He's doing a great job with his position and learning a lot from this job. The BEST thing was as we walked in the door, William begin calling out "HUNNER" "HUNNER" as loud, but as sweet as he could! The business is a small business, so there weren't a lot of folks in there. Hunter came out to greet us just beaming! I was just tickled!! William saw him and took off running!! He loves Uncle Hunter~ We checked out Hunter's office and got some cute pictures. William especially liked the magnets on the side of the desk :) I'm so proud of Hunter! Let's pray he stays focused and continues to do well with this job!
Holden wanted to go play with a friend up the street, so we drove him back to his buddy's house before Maggie and I headed out to run some errands together. It really doesn't matter what we do, as long as I get to hang out with my mom, I'm happy!! We went to Walmart to get groceries for dinner that night and a few random what-nots. William of course loves any store! He has a great time just hanging out in the shopping cart and holding the list for me. We wrapped our shopping up and headed on back to the house to see my Daddy! He was home from work and working on packing his bags for summer camp. Moma kept William for me and I headed back out the door back to Walmart for last minute items. I love going to the store with Daddy. I usually push the cart while he checks his list. I guess I feel like a little girl again helping Daddy.
The worst part of our trip was the fact that Holden's bike was stolen out of the carport, hidden by the suburban within an hour of us all being in and out of the house. Truth be told, I truly believe Moma and I were in the back of the house when it was stolen. We called the police to file a case. It was so sad for Holden b/c he had just gotten it about a month ago for his 9th birthday! He was so upset and just pitiful!!
After all the chaos of the stolen bike, I cooked a taco and fajita dinner for everyone (Moma, Daddy, Hunter, Holden, Grannymart, Poppi, Whitney) It was great getting to visit with both Poppi and Grannymart and watch them just laugh and smile at William. I miss them a lot and love it when I get to just hang out with them while I'm home. I was able to use peppers from Daddy's garden and they were delicious!! It is always fun to go home and hang out and cook for everyone! After dinner my Daddy and Holden took William outside to play for a little while. They walked around the yard to "check things out" and played ball a bit. It was so sweet watching William get so excited about playing ball. He kept saying "hit, hit, hit" over and over and holding the bat. He had a great time!



6 comments:
It's soooo much fun for WPJ and of course you too to go visit Dothan and family. I'm sure they all LOVE it when you guys go for a visit even if its just a short one. Glad you had fun and love the pics. That little boy is sooooo cute. Love his new tennis shoes too.
William playing ball with Holden is sooooooo cute. He will learn to hit and catch and will be a good ballplayer, Hated to hear Holden had his bike stolen.
Everyone looked real good in the pics and it was good to see ya'll again.
...Lots to 'comment' on Your Trip To Dothan, Lauren... :O) You captured some beautiful moments in pictures...special effects included!! :O) ...Especially love the...sleeping...pics... :O) Mommy & William...& Darling William...He is so...'pretty' when he sleeps... :O) Also "We Love Our Maggie" :O) Sweet...I know Maggie especially LOVES those! ...WPJ & Holden "Best Buds"!! :O) What a relationship those 2 have! In Whitney's (aka "Whid~mey" :O) ) store adorable of WPJ with his reflection in the mirror; & in Uncle "Hunner's" office...WPJ being silly in his cap! ...Holden is a TROOPER with that big smile of his after the bike incident!! ...Love ...Daddy's Girl Shopping at Walmart with Daddy...& MOM TIME...I'm blessed with the Beauty in your life, Lauren...
Ms. Nancy, I love your message. I'm so glad you love our stories...I have this blog to share with our loved ones. Please continue to enjoy and leave us such sweet messages!!
There is nothing better than spending time together as a family. It's very precious to see how close your family is. That is such a blessing. Well, in Genesis, it's written, "let us all go to Dothan". God is good.
Post a Comment