Thank you all for your prayers for my grandfather. He was called home late Wednesday night on April 1, 2009. He drifted peacefully in his sleep and was not in pain or suffering. He was surrounded by his family and a few very sweet and sincere nurses (one actually cried as she held his hand). We have the peace of knowing he is safe and home with our Lord and Savior and is completely healed!!! He is in the presence of Jesus and I know that he was greeted with "Well done, my good and faithful servant." My grandfather lived a wonderful long life and was blessed beyond measure. He was an example to all as to how to walk in the light and live by faith in Jesus. My grandparents were married 63 years. They raised three children together (Bill, Becky and Joanna). There is no doubt in my mind we will all be reunited again one day. For now, yes, the pain hurts and my heart aches beyond words. Yes, we will struggle with life here without him...but I feel that is only natural and I know that is the selfish human side in us. It's okay to cry and to mourn. It's okay to hurt. Jesus wept. I'm going to weep. I'm also going to rejoice in knowing Granddaddy is in heaven and is looking down on me and smiling. It's going to be hard on my Grannymart adjusting to life without her best friend and husband, but she is an amazing woman of faith and is stronger than she knows. Please continue to pray for her for strength for each day. Please continue to pray for our family as we go through this difficult time. I'd like to share more about my grandfather and his life and my memories...but for now, please keep us lifted in prayer. God Bless.
"But they that wait upon the LORD, shall renew their strength. They shall mount up on wings as eagles. They shall run, and not be weary; they shall walk, and not faint." Isaiah 40:31
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
William 2 years old
William 2 years old
William loves swinging on our front porch. 15 months old
I love this picture...he's looking up at his daddy



4 comments:
Miss Lauren...so sweetly and so preciously put. You are God's angel of a daughter and granddaughter! You speak well for all of us. You were great with your daddy, your little brother Holden, your brother Hunter, Granny Mart and me. Then there was your time for you and Philip to weep and to mourn as you had just done in December when Philip's granddaddy 'Deke' 95 years of age went to be with the Lord. Thank you for being so strong,pure, caring, considerate,encouraging, honest,loving, and appreciative of the doctors and nurses. We are all so Blessed!
Lauren,
As a christen we don't have to say goodby,we can say I'll see you in a little while.Praise God for that ASSURANCE11111
yOU GUYS ARE SOOOO LOVED AND CERTAINLY IN OUR PRAYERS.
Love
JohnJustiss
One of the most touching stories was told at his service yesterday, and something he never shared with the family. I hope Lauren will take the time to write it. He is very much missed.
Thank you for your kind words. I will spend some time writing down all the details about the service hopefully tomorrow. I miss him so much...
Post a Comment