Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A day of packing, cleaning, dying eggs and lunch dates

I'll try to keep this short...We were to leave on our full 10 day vacation on Good Friday, so I was in extreme busy mode the days before...packing, cleaning house, scheduling friends to feed Drake/water plants, etc... and I wanted to have a lunch date with my dear friend, Jenny. Remember, I keep baby Scott during the week. He's a doll and so sweet, but here's to all my friends with multiple little ones...it gets so busy so fast taking care of two little ones 13 months apart, but I'm enjoying it and William just LOVES LOVES LOVES baby Scott. He is so attached to him and so happy around him that I just smile and push through my days.

Okay, so I had to pack for several different things, Easter Sunday (clothes, Easter eggs, Easter Basket goodies, Easter cards), Philip's B'day, clothes for 10 days..separated into different bags for different parts of our trip, toys, food/snacks, movies (9 hours in car with a little one), camera and batteries, high chair, pack-n-play, stroller, pool float, Wedding clothes for the wedding in New Orleans, pillows, bath stuff, medicines, etc...you get my drift. I like to have everything totally organized in the right bag and I like to pack the car just so to make everything fit. I make lists and check things off as I go. I also like to leave a CLEAN house with NO LAUNDRY so I can come home to a refreshed house ready to greet me!

On Thursday William played and played around the house while I packed and cleaned. I wanted to dye our eggs here at home with Mommy, Daddy and William, so after daddy got home, we enjoyed a fun evening of dying eggs and coloring paper eggs! What fun! William seemed to enjoy it so much! He did think the eggs were balls and that you could throw them so that was interesting!
I love the expression on William's face! Priceless!



Helping Mommy dye the egg

Showing off his egg....

I love dying eggs!

Friday, Jenny and I met for lunch in Destin with all the babies (her two precious ones, Jillian and Jackson, and I had William and baby Scott) We enjoyed lunch and William ate most of my tomato soup and his whole grilled cheese! Yummy! We left there and walked around Destin Commons to shop for Philip's b'day present. I wanted to give it to him that afternoon before leaving b/c I decided not to take it along on our trip. After lunch, I had to rush home, take the double stroller out of the car, put in my single stroller for our trip, take out Scott's carseat and pack the backseat so that when Scott got picked up and Philip got home, we could HIT THE ROAD (we had 9 hours ahead of us)


Out to lunch...notice how chilled both boys are!
We made it off around 4 that afternoon....driving late into the night! I'm not such a fan of this b/c I know it means when we get where we are going, I'm going to be up with my precious child for a while getting him relaxed and calm so that he can sleep. We did break up the trip with a short stop at Waffle House about half way....such a treat considering my strict diet lately (my own version of several common diets mushed together) William loved Waffle House! He did sleep about 3.5 hours at the end of the trip and I managed to sleep the last 2 hours...this was a Godsend b/c like I predicted, I was up with William for about 2 hours (1 a.m.-3 a.m.) trying to get him calm and to go to sleep. I ended up sleeping with him in the guest bed, but he wouldn't go to sleep until around 3. I know we watched "Lady and the Tramp" and listened to his lullaby c.d. half a dozen times. I don't mean to complain. I really and not complaining...I had missed him during the ride down, so I loved the extra snuggle time with him. He was just scared b/c it was the middle of the night, a new place and he was confused. He woke up on Saturday ready to play, so all was well!! I'm so thankful that Philip drove the entire way down and let me snooze a bit. He didn't complain or even try to stop for coffee for fear of waking us up!
I LOVE YOU PHILIP!!
Here's to a great start to a wonderful vacation!

2 comments:

Gram said...

Hi, Lauren. I am soooo glad you and William are feeling better. The pictures of him are adorable. That's because William is so adorable! I know what you mean about having a clean house when you go off. I always leave ours spotless, because I don't like coming home to a home I have to clean the first day back. I've always packed the car, too, because I fill up every nick and cranny! I missed your blogging, too, but oh, how I loved having you, and William and Philip here! You are so precious and have brought so much love and joy to us. We love you so much. I'll add more to the blog tomorrow.
Love, Sharon

Mimi said...

Lauren,

I know it was ALOT of work for you to get everything packed and ready to go. You guys had a full schedule and we hope you enjoyed each part of it. You and Philip really work well as a team and Papa and I really enjoyed watching the two of you in action. We sure do appreciate you, Philip and William making the long trip. Can't wait to see all the pictures and look forward to hearing your stories.

Love, Mimi


William 2 years old

William 2 years old

William loves swinging on our front porch. 15 months old

I love this picture...he's looking up at his daddy